Monday, January 4, 2010

Three in Chicago

Three things I have watched and read (and really, really liked) by three Chicago writers/performers in the past three months:

1. Trinities by Amira Hanafi, in Requited. Something trancelike about this video. It surrounds.

2. An untitled essay by Ira S. Murfin (also in Requited) in which he writes, "Talking has become a kind of experience that has broken off from what it is anticipating or remembering and exists concretely, uniquely, in a perpetual present," and "We are ready to be addressed. To be taught. And it turns out that is what this table is. A teaching table." I wish I could have been present in October for his interactive talk performance Q & A.

3. Sometimes a Pet by A D Jameson in The Brooklyn Rail. Also, if you haven't seen Jameson perform "Night Poet" (or anything) you really should. He's one of the most weirdly animalistic performers I've seen.

2 comments:

D.M. SOLIS said...

I come here to be inspired. I am never disappointed. Peace and anarchy and continued good things for you in creativity and in life.

Sincerely,
Diane

Amina said...

I'm so glad! Continued goodness for you as well.